Monday 30 November 2015

[SPAZZ] I Met Shironuri Artist, Minori! (Fan Account)

Wheeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee ddddoooooooo IIIIIIIIII bbbbeeeeeeeeggggiiiiiinnnnn? 
Disclaimer: This being a fan account, means there will be copious amount of fangirling, if you can't handle it, then I suggest you don't read for the sake of your own sanity~ 
Last Friday I attended an event called HYPER JAPAN Christmas Market, which is a Japanese cultural event in central London. One of the main reasons I went to this event was to get a chance to meet a fashion celebrity I have been following for years now, and that would be Shironuri Artist, Minori! 

Minori is a prime example of how one can transcend the fashion world and become a true 'artist', even though Shironuri existed long before her, she was the one who really propelled the style with her unique makeup and outfits, both of which really are works of art! One of the things I respect about Minori is that she makes all of her outfits, (or should I call them art pieces??) so she can really express her style. She's fearless, but also sweet and humble. 

Anyhow, now you know of the glory that is Minori-sama, let me tell you about our encounter! 

The meet with Minori was organised by a UK Lolita group called 'The Tea Party Club' so we all got to sit in a circular formation and talk and eat with Minori. After everyone was settled and eating, we were allowed to approach Minori and talk to her or ask her questions or for autographs and pictures and whatever else we desired - within reason, of course. 

I did feel kinda bad for her at first because since food was served first, she was interrupted while eating a number of times and did eventually give up on eating altogether, but even then she still greeted everyone that came up to her with a smile. She also looked really tired because she'd just flown into the country the day before from Bangkok(? - I don't remember exactly where but I saw it on her SNS) but despite her red eyes she was lively and active for the whole event. 


After eating a little bit, she decided to get up and go around to each individual guest at her event - there were about 30 to 40 of us - and hand out a little photocard that functioned like a business card (this is a Japanese cultural thing by the way.) Personally I thought this was a really humble and sweet thing for her to do, everyone came to see her but she still took the time to introduce herself and talk to every individual guest. 

When she finished greeting those in the row in from of me she moved to my row where I was sat alone; honestly I was content with just watching and viewing her beauty from afar, but somehow we locked eyes and she started to approach me! (I have to say, this was probably one of the most embarrassing encounters of my entire life, because I honestly started freaking out as soon as she started to walking towards me XD) 

Signed Photobook + The Photocard Minori Handed Out Personally
Being the loser that I am, I was sat there shaking my head violently, telling her not to come any closer in my ridiculously broken Japanese - you wouldn't believe I'd just come from an intermediate Japanese class at university - but she still came up to me and started to ask me if I was okay. She spoke to me in English and her voice was so sweet and aaaaaaaaah, I'm getting excited just thinking about it. 

For at least a good 2 minutes all I could do was cover my face and shake my head in response as she stood in front of me with a smile - I honestly never thought I'd react that way to meeting someone famous (outside of DBSK at least) but I was absolutely shaking in front of her. She was really kind and waiting a good 5 minutes for me to calm down which I was really touched by, which in turn only made my fangasm worse. 

What even is life??? ;~;
Eventually I got a grip and greeted her and she was pleasantly surprised to hear me speaking to her in Japanese. Honestly parts of the conversation are a blur because I was freaking out way too much to process anything, but I told her that I loved her style and asked her if it was true she made all of her clothes and she told me that she did, including what she was wearing that day at the event. Then she proceeded to hand me her card which I made sure to express my utmost gratitude for, before asking her for a picture which she happily complied with! (She also told me I looked 'aaah, kawaii~~~!' when I took off my jacket and tbh my soul wanted to leave my body ;3;)

I was seriously freaking out the entire time, but somehow I got my sh*t together long enough to take two pictures with her, she was a lot shorter than me which surprised me cause she always looked so tall in the photos, but she looks just as magnificent in real life and aaaaaaa I still can't believe this OTL

Anyhow, I spent the rest of the event messaging my friend about how amazing Minori is and how much I was dying inside, and that I couldn't believe I spoke to her and you know, all that fangirl goodness, until at the end of the event they announced that Minori was going to do an autographing session and that we could buy a small photobook of some of her work (including some that have never been shown online before!) 

I was actually really fortunate to have had money left over cause one of the intentions I went to HJ with was to shop till I drop, but I was able to buy the photobook and Minori even signed it with my name ;~; I'm going to treasure this with my life...



From there I was content, I'd achieved everything I set out to do from talking to her to taking a picture and even getting an autograph, I was very happy just talking to the numerous gorgeous Loli at the event and vlogging a little of my emotions at the time... but it seemed Minori wanted in on the fun! 

I was vlogging about the whole experience (which you'll be able to see on our YouTube channel very soon!) and unbeknownst to me, Minori had spotted my camera and decided to creep up next to me. I kid you not my heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I felt something beside me and turned to come face to face with Minori. She ran off laughing after nearly giving me a heart attack (I should sue! XD) before coming back and waving to the camera; I was really on the verge of tears at this point, this day had been much much more than I had ever hoped for. 

Shortly after that the meet was coming to an end, and while I would have loved to stay, I still had a 2 hour journey home and it was already after 8pm. With my little new found courage I approached Minori one last time to thank her for coming and tell her I enjoyed the event and was about to leave when she approached me with a hug..... to be honest, I just melted ;; she was so petite and her hug was so gentle and URGH SHE WAS SO SWEET OTL 

Yeah anyway, I obviously didn't get much sleep that night and was giddy the whole way home, and the thing I realised and loved most about her is the fact that, I didn't receive special treatment, that's just how Minori is. Humble, sweet, appreciative, playful, caring and down to earth. She has every opportunity to be big-headed but still she treats us like equals; honestly, words can't even express how I felt that night and the feeling is yet to leave me~ This meeting also came at a very special time to me as well, but I'll talk more about that in an upcoming post~ 


Until then! みのり様、大好きなんですよ~!(; o ;)/~~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...