Saturday 14 June 2014

[Haul] Sun Protection, Nail Polish & Budget Brushes!

I should be saving up for something big happening this summer, but it seems every time I go out I have to buy cosmetics! In fairness, I did go looking for some sun protection, but I really need to learn to control my impulse buying >_>…
Recently I’ve been reading a lot on skin care and sun damage and I’ve come to a stark realisation: THE SUN IS GOING TO KILL US ALL ;O; Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration, but the sun does more than just causing tanning, sun burn and skin cancer. Too much sun exposure can lead to sun bleaching of the skin, causing uneven complexion and skin tone, a problem I personally deal with and absolutely hate. On top of that, it speeds up the loosening of the skin causing premature wrinkles, sagging, an increase in blackheads and a many other unpleasant things. 

Long story short, I went out to get some high SPF products and I came back with these two bad boys: 

image

Since the seasons are getting hotter recently, I’ve been trying to cut down layers to avoid my make-up melting and for this reason I wanted a moisturiser with a high SPF built in, rather than a sun screen to put on top. So when I saw this moisturiser with SPF 30 from my favourite facial skin care brand, Simple, I didn’t hesitate to buy it. 

Likewise, I use BB cream every time I go out, including days when I don’t wear any make-up, it’s practically a secondary moisturiser to me. However, the BB cream I had previously was one of the first on the western market so it was very basic, and I’ve really wanted to upgrade it to one with pigment correction as my uneven complexion is something I’m very conscious about. When I saw this BB cream with SPF 50 it was perfect since it not only corrects pigmentation but it also protects from sun damage which causes uneven complexions to begin with. Not to mention Garnier is my favour all-over skin care brand and I got it half price! 

Also, while I was shopping, I stumbled across a nail polish stand by Revlon and there were two that instantly caught my eye. 

image

Now, I usually don’t buy things like nail polish, make-up brushes, etc for more than budget prices because I think you can still find a few gems in your local Poundland/Dollar Store, but these polishes were just too gorgeous to pass up (and they were on a deal ;D) 

And the best part is, they’re not the kind where you can see all the glitter and such on the inside of the bottle but then nothing comes out when you apply them! I tested them out when I got home and even without a coloured undercoat - they both had white undercoat on the display - they still look amazing! On top of that they dried at the speed of light. The only thing is they finish with a really rough texture on top and its easy to get addicted to picking at the little bits of glitter that stick out, but nothing a little clear polish overcoat can’t fix. 

image

Also, recently I’ve been working on building my make-up bag because it’s currently painfully small. But where better to start then make-up brushes? Actually not long ago I got a fluffy brush from my local Poundland as a temporary replacement for my old one which was on it’s last legs; I honestly wasn’t expecting much of it, but I absolutely LOVED it! It’s so soft, it’s easy to clean and it works amazingly.

Urged by its greatness, I went to get another today for my cheek contour but it turns out they had a whole selection of brushes I needed. Up until now I actually only use 4 brushes to do all my make-up, so it’s great to finally be moving toward having a full set. Also I used the kabuki brush today and it was absolutely amazing, it made the application so even and thin/light - I’m definitely going to enjoy using these from now on. 
Unfortunately that was all I managed to get this time round, but I know for sure that next time I will FINALLY get a lip tint! I’ve wanted one for the longest of times and I even tried to get one this time but unfortunately the shops were closing when I went, so look forward to it next time~  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...