Friday 13 March 2015

Winter Lookbook | HOMME 2014/15


It's a bit overdue, but better late than never, right? Finally I can share my winter lookbook with you guys~ Personally I'm not a big fan of winter because I don't like covering up my coordis with coats and jackets, but this year I worked hard on layering and finding stylish jackets that will both keep me warm and match my extravagant style. But without further ado, below you can read my inspirations, find out how much things cost and a complete shop list. 


:: Look #1 - Early Winter ::


  • Studded Wool HatDressLily.com - $12
  • Long Black CoatHongdae Market (SK) - ₩78,000
  • Dangling Cross Collar Studs - Primark (UK)
  • White Dress Shirt - NEXT (UK) - 8
  • Thumb-hole Pullover - YesStyle.com - Gift
  • Paperwork Ring - DressLily.com - $4.50
  • 2-Way Leather Purse - Yongdeungpo Station - ₩10,000
  • Brick Print Pants - DressLily.com - $18.50
  • Suede Dress Shoes - DressLily.com - $34
My first outfit is probably my favourite not only in this lookbook, but in the history of all my coordis. I feel like it's a perfect representation of what MODE-kei is all about and as you all know, I LOVE MODE-kei. 

Not only is it good looking, but it's also functional too. There are a lot of occasions where you end up having to compromise between looking good and dressing appropriately for the weather, but this outfit satisfies both those needs. The jacket is light and stylish but the use of layers and the thick pullover keep you perfectly warm. 

If there was one thing this outfit was missing, it'd be leather gloves to keep my hands warm. 


:: Look #2 - Mid-Winter ::

  • Tri-colour Beanie - Hongdae Market (SK) - ₩5,900
  • Vintage Sunglasses - Hongdae Market (SK) - ₩10,000
  • Navy Winter Jacket - Codes Combine (SK) - ₩298,000
  • White Dress Shirt - NEXT (UK) - 8
  • Orange Pullover - Gift
  • Purple Plaid Black Trousers - Living Dead Souls - ??
  • Suede Dress Shoes - DressLily.com - $34
  • Leather Accented Denim Backpack - Naughty Cat (SK) - ₩10,000
Like the first, my second coordi is one of my favourites too. Usually I only dress in monochrome MODE-kei but recently I've been experimenting with colours and patterns as they are a big part of MODE too. 

In the past I never would have worn clothes from different scales like purple and blue together, talk less contrasting colours like blue and orange, but in this outfit I think I successful bring those three colours in different shades together. 

I think I've still got a lot to learn about dressing in 'coloured' MODE-kei, but I think it's a challenge I'll be facing more confidently in future. Especially since its almost spring now - the time when I feel all black (and white) looks least appropriate - I want to challenge wearing more colours, but first I need to save for a shopping trip or two. 


:: Look #3 - Late Winter :: 


  • "BOY GIRL" Snapback - Hongdae Market (SK) - ₩6,000
  • Face Mask - Lucistar (SK) - ₩3,900
  • Long Black Coat - Hongdae Market (SK) - ₩78,000
  • Long Knit Jumper - Hongdae Market (SK) - ₩59,000
  • Black & White Clutch - Primark (UK) - 4
  • Star Print Pullover - Hongdae Market (SK) - ₩27,000
  • Black Harem Pants - DressLily.com - $
  • Dark Red Converse - Converse (US) - $
My last outfit, unlike my first two, is more Korean inspired than Japan inspired. As I've mentioned, MODE-kei is a very popular style in Korea, probably more so than Japan, but this outfit was inspired by the hip hop fashion and overly long coat trends sweeping Korea at the moment. 

Personally I quite like the hip hop look, but I wanted to make it look a little bit more high fashion like MODE-kei is. For the basis of my outfit I went for a pretty standard hip hop look with the harem pants and snapback but then paired them up with the leather clutch and black coat to add a more sophisticated feel to the outfit. 

I also like layering up the coat with the jumper underneath so that the coat didn't look too fitted on top of my loose hip hop styled clothes. All in all, I'm happy with the results, but I think I might try adding more accessories like a silver necklace or watch next time to really add that 'high class' feel to this outfit. 


:: Shop List :: 
I'm very happy with this season's lookbook as I really got to show my style and experiment with some of the new things that I picked up from last year's Seoul Fashion Week. What did you guys think though? Got any favourites? Or even any tips? Seoul Fashion Week is back on again NEXT WEEK, so we'll definitely be going to check that out, and if all goes well, you'll be able to see my style evolving even more next lookbook; look forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...