Tuesday 6 December 2016

[#Vlogmas Day 5] Travel Log: A Day In The Life

Okay, so today was one of the few days this vlogmas that I knew was definitely going to be a blog post ahead of time, and that's for one simple reason: I don't have time! You guys all know how I am with uploading on time - although, you've gotta admit I've been pretty good so far - but it is honestly because I have so much going on. To better illustrate what I mean, I'm going to take you guys around with me and show you what I do on a typical day!

[7:32am] Wake Up

Believe it or not, I'm actually into the habit of waking up (what I consider to be) early nowadays; I'm by no means a morning person, but my body clock as made it so I can't sleep in past 11am, which is great to me!

Today I had the misfortune of waking up due to a nightmare in which my parents were murdered, I killed their murderer and had to fend for myself and my brother... Lovely, I know >~> Nightmare aside, I was happy to wake up before my alarm because it meant I had time to lie in bed and do my usual morning routine of checking all my SNS~

That being said, my morning lie in was short lived as I have class this morning so I had to get ready and pack my bag. As I have work later I didn't bother with makeup or a fancy outfit, I just went for the utmost worth and comfort.

[9:15am] The Commute

As I'm sure many of you are aware by now, I have a 2 hour commute to university each day - I leave my house at 9:15 to catch the 9:22 bus down to the town, walk through the town to the station, and hop on my train at 9:47 min - which is always delayed for some reason.

I usually use my train journey to school to do homework or go over the material that we'll be covering in the lesson, however our tutor had already send us the translations of the materials we were going over today so I got to relax instead. Better yet I was in a good mood, the train was pretty empty and the sounds of BTS, EXO and Junsu were getting me hyped for the day! I also had a huge bag of my favourite Butterkist Popcorn to energize me even more too~

I got off the train at Waterloo East at around 10:30 and then there was the dreaded wait for the bus to take me to school - I say dreaded because with the winter weather induced traffic, I never know when my bus is going to come or if I'm going to make it to class on time...

[11am] University

On Mondays and Thursdays I have Korean classes at 11am, today's class is my advanced reading class, which is just a fancy way of saying 'translation class'! That being said, I actually quite like this class, it reminds me of the reading class I used to take back in Yonsei when I was studying in Korea... man, I miss Korea... Anyhow, I finish class two hours later at 1pm, and then it's the long commute home again OTL


[1:15pm] Seoul Bakery With A Classmate

Oh, its not a bakery by the way xD Seoul Bakery is a tiny little gem in the heart of London that sells - you guessed it - Korean food <3 The portion sizes are a little small but that's also reflected in the price, so you can also get a variety of dishes without breaking the bank. I definitely recommend it if you want cheap but authentic Korean food, and it totally has the feel of a Korean cafe too!


Over lunch (or breakfast for me), my classmate and I talked about our plans for moving back to Korea and are respective fashion lines and the struggles of being a brand owner - oh, and how much we loooooooved the food. It was definitely a fun chat, and its always nice to be able to relate to someone on something unusual.

[2:29pm] Home Sweet Home

The journey home was nothing short of hectic. My train was cancelled, and then the train I got on was packed full to the brim and I was really uncomfortable in the place that I was sitting, but I knew I couldn't stand either because I'd have to do 5 more hours of that when I get to work, so I can't afford my feet to be hurting beforehand. 

When I got back to my town center, I did stop however to get a few stationary bits that I needed, like a new fine liner for my bullet journal and some more correction tape. I also bought flash cards on a ring to practice vocabulary with~ gotta be ready for Korea! Once I was done with my shopping I hopped on the bus home. 

When I got home, as per usual my bed and laptop were waiting to greet me. I usually use this time to go on YouTube and catch up with all my favorites and watch all the videos that I would normally watch when I wake up in the morning like JKNews but unfortunately today I had to go straight to getting ready for work. 


[[I interrupt this log to bring you your daily hint! Today's hint is: "There's nothing like wrapping up warm to escape from winter" - leave your guesses in the comments!]]

[5:40pm] Team Swarovski

I was late to work for the first time today OTL The bus timetable was completely off and as a result I ended up being 10 minutes late. Honestly it did dampen my mood and put me on a rocky start cause I wasn't in my usual flow, but after slowing getting back into it, things started to pick up again.

Rocky start aside, if I'm completely real with you guys - I actually love my job! I'm currently a Christmas temp at the Swarovski, a store in my local shopping center, and this is only my 3rd week, but actually, working is a really fun part of my day! I get to be surrounded by sparkling beautiful things (aka, I can window shop), and there's always a sense of achievement whenever I know exactly where something is, or I manage to up-sell a customer or when someone buys something really expensive from me.


And an unexpected part I love is the customer service part - of course you do get those one or two difficult customers who ruin it for everyone - but for the most part the customers are really friendly and their faces light up when you greet them as they enter and leave the store too. Like I said, I'm still working as a temp, but I know there are some permanent places available, so hopefully I'll get offered one at the end of the month~!

Unfortunately today was incredible slow - courtesy of online shopping - but it wasn't too boring.

[10:31pm] Clock Out

After closing the store, my mum was kind enough to come and pick me up and take me home (okay, she doesn't really have a choice cause the buses don't run but sssh.) I will admit, closing the store is probably the one part I don't like of my job, it's really boring, but oh well, someone's gotta do it.

[11:05pm] The Getting Home Ritual

Now I'm home for good, this is when I kick off my shoes and head up to the bathroom to wash my face - I'm doing my best to get into the habit of washing my face as soon as I get home now, and as a reward I get to curl up in my bed and don't have to get out again! However, that's not to say my work is done, it is vlogmas after all.

[11:38pm] It's A Blogger's Life For Me

You may have thought my day was over after work and school, but no no my dears, there is still more to come! Now I'm all curled up in bed and have filled my stomach, it's time to get to my final call of duty, which is editing pictures and videos for you guys! Tired as I may be, I am also a night owl, so once I'm in the zone, I should be able to get a substantial amount of work done. I usually listen to some very faint music while I edit or blog, currently one of my most played songs is Ariana Grande's 'One Last Time' - I'm sure my mum is tired of me belting this at 1 in the morning XD

I don't do this every night, but if I have some Heaven's Atrium (my j-fashion brand) related work I need to get done, this is often the time I start on that too, whether its making posters for the website, write a journal entry or cutting pieces for an order. If I have a big load then I may even start this before work when I'm catching up on my YouTube videos and such.

[2am] Bedtime 
(Okay, technically this hasn't happened yet, but it will XD)

I actually aim to go to bed by 1am every day, but since Tuesday is my day off from both school and work, I don't mind breaking this habit on a Monday night (or on the night before a REALLY busy day.) That being said, sleep is important and Lord knows I won't be able to function tomorrow without it - so this is where my mundane but busy day comes to an end!

---

Okay, so it's not as glitzy and glamorous as the life I'd like to be living, but I'm very happy with my day to day right now; every day I'm working towards something new and taking little steps towards the future I want. My brand is slowly but surely gaining more attention, I'm moving ever closer to graduation, and you guys are helping my channel to grow by the day. My day to day may seem very mundane, but I assure you, the bigger picture is packed with excitement!

- H A N -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...