Wednesday 26 November 2014

Autumn Lookbook | HOMME 2014


So it’s a bit late into the season, but as the saying goes, never late than never. The Femme half of the lookbook was received pretty well so now here is the Homme half, you can watch the video above and read the commentary in this blog. 

It’s late-Autumn here in Korea and despite how ridiculously quickly it got cold here, fortunately the weather picked up enough for me to record this video. Here are my 3 city guy looks for the season with a shop list at the end. 
:: Briefing ::
Before you get to see my lookbook I want to share some of the inspiration that helped me put it together. 

If you read my account on our trips to Seoul Fashion Week during October than you would have read about what a big impression some of the outfits I saw left on me, and while this (unfortunately) isn’t a MODE-kei lookbook, I think the overall cool and sleekness translated well into my outfits which is what I wanted. 

Also, another style that we’ve been loving in the dansou community this season is Mori-kei, which I’ve been experimenting with since it matches the colder seasons perfectly, so it was a given that I was going to include elements of that in my lookbook as well.

Anyway, let me keep my brief, brief, and lets move on to the outfits. 
:: Outfit #1 :: 
image
Ash Grey Fedora - NEXT (UK) - £10
Knit Sweater  - Edae Market (SK) - ₩30,000
Black Top - Uniqlo (UK) - £??
Black Cross Necklace  - N.Cat (SK) - ₩10,000
Rosemary Necklace - eBay - £2
Loose Bottoms - Primark (UK) - £4
Leather Boots - Forever 21 (US) - $35
This first outfit featured in my lookbook is a recycled Mori-kei outfit, unfortunately my wardrobe wasn’t big enough for me to put together a brand new Mori-kei look but it just absolutely couldn’t be left out. 

This style is Ya-mori which is all about capturing the forest at night. The use of layers and thick materials make it very warm for the winter but the loose drapy fit also makes it super comfortable too. 
:: Outfit #2 :: 
image
Black Beanie - Primark (UK) - £2
Striped Top  - eBay - £4.50
Black Blazer - H&M (UK) - £40
Cross Necklace - Claire’s (UK) - £??
Leather Bracelet - N.Cat (SK) - ₩8,900
Thermal Jeans - Uniqlo (UK) - £10
Leather Boots - Forever 21 (US) - $35
Striped Backpack - Codes Combine (SK) - ₩149,000
Like the previous one this outfit utilizes materials that will keep you warm during the colder season without making your outfit bulky and uncomfortable, I swapped out a thin summer blazer for a thick winter one and my black jeans are Uniqlo’s famous heat-tech (which I highly recommend to anyone who hasn’t tried it. 

The style itself is a very modern city look, and it’s smart casual so it matches most situations, all you’d have to do is ditch the necklace  and swap the boots for some dress shoes and you could instantly dress this up. 
:: Outfit #3 :: 
image
Ash Fedora - NEXT (UK) - £10
Sunglasses - Primark (UK) - £2
Panel Pullover - Ctlr A (SK) - ₩10,000
New-clipping Badge - Ctlr A (SK) - ₩1,000
Leather Bracelet - TheLees (YesStyle.com) - $17.90
Star Ring - N.Cat (SK) - ₩4,800
Cargo Pants 
- H&M - £8.99
Converse Classics 
- Converse (US) - $50
And last but not least, an outfit definitely made for the warmer autumn days. This outfit was supposed to be a casual and preppy one for a nice day out with your friends. Admittedly it did end up looking more summery than anticipated but the colours and shades definitely match with autumn just as well. 
:: Shop List ::
Claire’s | www.claires.com
Codes Combine
 | www.codes-combine.com
Converse
 | www.converse.com
Forever 21 | www.forever21.com
H&M | www.hm.com
N.Cat | www.naughtycat.co.kr
NEXT | www.next.co.uk
Primark | www.primark.comUniqlo | www.uniqlo.com
YesStyle.com | TheLees

And that’s all from my autumn lookbook, what did you guys think? Likewise with Harmony, this is my first lookbook and I hope to bring you more exciting and interesting lookbooks in future too. 
Stay warm and enjoy this autumn in style~  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...