Saturday 8 November 2014

Autumn Lookbook | FEMME 2014


It’s finally here! I’ve been planning and slaving over this lookbook for the last month as it’s our first one, and I’m so happy to see it finally complete, you can watch the video above and read the commentary in this blog post!

It’s mid-Autumn here in Korea and it’s absolutely freezing but the Koreans aren’t letting that dampen their fashion senses and so neither am I! Here are 4 k-fashion inspired looks to match the season (with a shop list at the end!) 
:: Briefing ::
Before I show you my lookbook I want to share with you some of my inspiration/thoughts on what helped me put it together.

As mentioned before this lookbook was highly influenced by Korean fashion as I really wanted to include some of the fashion elements that I’d noticed and even picked up since coming to Korea. Also, for this season I’ve decided that I’m totally in love with burgundy everything, so that is one of the colours that are going to be featured a lot in this season’s lookbook.

Obviously, it being cooler, knits and layers are also starting to come into the equation too, but they’re not getting ugly just yet! xD And accessories wise I’m throwing a bit of gunmetal into the mix to match the slightly gloomy feel of Autumn but to still be dazzling as well.

But without further ado, let’s take a look at the outfits!
:: Outfit #1 :: 
image
Ash Grey Fedora - NEXT (UK) - £10
Gunmetal Cross Earrings  - Primark (UK) - 50p
Gunmetal Necklace - Forever 21 (US) - $??
SHINE Pullover  - Edae Market (SK) - ₩10,000
Knit Cardigan - Primark (UK) - £12
Black Overalls - H&M (SK) - ₩49,000
Snake-Skin Shoe Boots - YesWalker (YesStyle.com) - $39.95
This first outfit actually takes inspiration from a Korean fashion YouTuber, Jen of “From Head To Toe”, that I look up too rather than from people on the streets of Seoul. She recently did a video about different ways to sport overalls and I was really inspired since I totally love them.

Depending on how you dress them up overalls can have a bunch of different feels and I loved clothing that is diverse, so for this outfit I went for a casual chic feel. Actually, this outfit also reminds me of something Hyuna wore in one of her old music videos so it’s definitely got that underlying sexy feel to it too. 
:: Outfit #2 :: 
image
Bow Hair Net - ARTBOX (SK) - ₩4,500
Cat Earrings  - Myeongdong Market (SK) - ₩1,000
Lace Dress - Primark (UK) - £20
Star Bandana - ARTBOX (SK) - ₩2,000
Thigh-Highs - MITU (YesStyle.com) - $8.90
Leather Boots - NEXT (UK) - £35
For this outfit, actually it I made a fusion between the 90’s grunge style that’s popular this season in the west and a standard classy Korean style. Grunge is a style I’d never really tried before but the deep colours really did appeal to me this season so I went ahead and added a Korean twist to it. I do still feel this outfit is just a tad bit more on the pretty girl side, but it was still fun to try and I enjoyed doing some more elaborate make-up than usual. 
:: Outfit #3 :: 
image
Bow Earrings - Primark (UK) - £1
Silver Ring - N.Cat (SK) - ₩4,900
Striped Blouse - Sammydress.com - $3.76 (+P&P)
Suspender Skirt - Besto (SK) - ₩27,000
Opaque Black Tights - Primark (UK) - £2
Classic Converse - Converse (US) - $50
So, how’d you like my attempt at being cute? XD Yeah so maybe the cute look isn’t for me but it’s a big part of Korean fashion culture so there was no way I could leave it out. This outfit like most in this lookbook is focused around the use of layers so you can stay warm but still look absolutely amazing without throwing a jacket over everything. 

You’ve probably also noticed that there aren’t a lot of patterns in this lookbook and that’s because I just don’t think they’re necessary this season; rather than mixing patterns you’re mixing textures with the layers of knits on cottons on other materials, so patterns aren’t really necessary. That said, I just can’t shake my love for stripes. 
:: Outfit #4 :: 
image
Black Fedora - Uniqlo (UK) - £14
Wing Earrings - H&M (UK) - £??
Necklace - Forever 21 (US) - $??
Knit Pullover - Munai (YesStyle.com) - $34.90
White Dress Shirt - NEXT (UK) - £8
Charcoal Jeans - Blue Asphalt - £??
Snake-skin Shoe Boots - YesWalker (YesStyle.com) - $39.95
And last but not least another chic look for autumn. Actually box tops/pullovers like this have been ridiculously popular recently in Korea, personally I think I would have preferred if this pullover showed a bit more of my shape, but I love it either way.

It’s also zip accented at the sides so you can have a full pullover or you can have one of those tops that longer in the back than in front (they usually show of some of your lower stomach too.) Actually I found this pullover quite creative because it caters to so many fashion trends in Korea right now, I was quite impressed. Also, it’s great for layering which was one of my key themes for this season so it had to be included without a doubt! 
:: Shop List ::
ARTBOX | www.ARTBOX.co.kr
Besto | NA - located near Edae Station on Line 2
Converse | www.converse.com
Forever 21 | www.forever21.com
H&M | www.hm.com
N.Cat | www.naughtycat.co.kr
NEXT | www.next.co.uk
Primark | www.primark.com
Sammydress.com
YesStyle.com | MITU / Munai / YesWalker
And that’s all from my autumn lookbook, what did you guys think? This is my first ever lookbook and I really did put my heart and soul into it, so I really hope you enjoyed it, and as always, constructive criticism is always welcome! 
As you’ve probably guessed, this is the Femme lookbook and Hanzel will be releasing a Homme lookbook within the next week, so look forward to that! Stay warm and look fabulous this autumn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...