Sunday 22 January 2017

Taking Stock : Winter 2016/17 || Finding The Balance

Hey guys! We're already almost through with January, isn't that crazy? 2017 is already in full flow. Anyhow, as the beginning of the year still represents the start of a new journey, I thought now would be the perfect time to do my seasonal stock take! 


---
Today is January 15th 2017 and I am: 

- MAKING - The latest series for my EGL fashion brand, Heaven's Atrium, its going to be called 'Queen's Window' and it's based of the queen's window from St. Hilarion Castle in Cyprus that I visited with my beloved elder sister last easter.  

- COOKING - Nothing, because I'm going to get food (probably at McDonalds) from the food court before work. 
- DRINKING - Once again nothing, but I'll probably get a bottle of water soon. 

- READING - "Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear' to learn more about the technical side of creating clothes and make my designs look even more professional. 
- WANTING - My dissertation research to do itself so I can focus on my businesses OTL 
- LOOKING - For a flight to Japan for less than 500 pounds because I want to go see my friend (and vlog!) but I ain't ballin'! OTL
- DECIDING - Whether to release this post today, or to hold it off for a week and release a video first instead.. the post is currently winning since it's basically finished >o> 
- WISHING - That the print for Queen's Window to come out as amazingly as I imagine it when I finish drawing it. Drawing prints is a very long and grueling process, so it'd be quite upsetting for all this effort to be in vain, and for me to end up with something mediocre that I don't want to produce. 
- ENJOYING - Life (still!) I said this in my last stock take and I'll say it again, I am very blessed and very happy! 
- WAITING - For graduation! I just can't wait to be done with my formal education and to be able to focus on all my passions instead. 
- LIKING - How soft my hair is. I just permed it yesterday and it's so smooth and shiny and lush!

- WONDERING - if the Queen's Window series will do well for once, I've still yet to have a successful release.. #BabySteps

- LOVING - The fact that I got kept on at my job at Swarovski! Now I have a steady income to invest into my businesses, I've started a savings account, and I'm not a broke student anymore! 
- PONDERING - Whether I should spend the next week working more on brand stuff or shift my focus to YouTube stuff. When I'm motivated I tend to get tunnel vision and ignore everything else, but I really do want to be consistent with both of these ventures this year. 
- CONSIDERING - throwing away or selling a bunch of clothes, because my wardrobe is definitely one thing that needs to be revamped this year! (Okay, I've actually pretty much decided this already, but I couldn't think of anything else XD)
- WATCHING - The Netflix original 'Series of Unfortunate Events' - okay, technically I haven't started watching this yet, but I've been anticipating it for a LONG time. I read the 13 book series in my early teens and it is definitely one of my favourite book series, so I really hope the drama series lives up to the books. 
- HOPING - That my supervisor will be helpful in my dissertation research because I'm having a really hard time finding sources to write from...
- CRINGING - At my period, like go away, I have things to do D;
- QUESTIONING - Where to go to start recording the new series I want to make for YouTube! I originally planned to go to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland but its already closed! #TeaserAlert
- WEARING - The new pyjama dress my two best friends from uni got me for Christmas; this thing is so comfortable I can't take it off <3 
- FOLLOWING - My heart, as always. There's no better way to live. 
- NOTICING - That no matter how clean my room is, it's never really clean OTL
- KNOWING - Today is going to be a good day! A long day, but definitely a good day! 
- MARVELING - At the prototype of the Queen's Window JSK sitting on my mannequin; I'm still in the planning stages but I'm already so in love with what I've created! 
- THINKING - About changing my backdrop for my YouTube videos. I'm kinda tired of this wall layout, it just lacks that UMPH.


- ADMIRING - All the great artists I follow on my new Twitter account! Senpai, teach me your ways! 
- SORTING - Out my life! XD Trying to maintain the balance as well as set myself up for after graduation. 
- GETTING - Mentally prepared to go to work. We're going to be moving all the displays around today and it's going to take f.o.r.e.v.e.r! 
- BOOKMARKING - A bunch of pages full of design inspiration for upcoming series!
- COVETING - A TAILORED SUIT DAMN IT!!!!
- DISLIKING - The fact that the weather is still cold and gloomy; why is it still Winter???
- GIGGLING - At how hilarious one of my coworkers is, he makes the day go by quicker XD 
- FEELING - Like I need to have a healthy meal for once, I can't eat fast food every time I go to work or I'll put on all the weight I've worked off XD
- SNACKING - On oxygen XD but soon it'll be Sour Cream & Onion Pringles because I have been craving them! 
- HEARING - The sound of cash leaving my wallet as I think about all the trips I want to book this year XD
---
In short, right now I'm really trying to find the balance between work, school, YouTube and being an entrepreneur. It's definitely challenging but it's also exciting to have something to do everyday and to have so many options of things to motivate myself with. 

At the moment I also have two trips I want to go on, the first being to Paris to do some research for an upcoming design for my brand, and the second to Tokyo to see my dearest friend, Elian, which I will obviously vlog for you guys! 

I truly have a lot I expect to get out of this year, but also a lot I want to get out of myself too. I'm very good at setting ambitious goals, but I'm trying my best to make sure they're realistic goals too. For anyone else who's hoping to get as much out of this year as I am, I leave you with this quote: 

"Be stubborn about your goals, but be flexible about your methods.
- William A. Donohue - 

- H A N -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...