Friday 11 November 2016

Taking Stock: Autumn 2016 || Painting The Future

Hey guys, Han here~!

This week is my reading week at uni - essentially a week off to catch up on homework for those of your not familiar with the UK school system - so I'm nothing short of snowed under with work. But in a bid to recharge, I took a break to roam around the internet (as you do) and I came across this great post idea called 'Taking Stock' on my best friend's blog - her name is Wunmi and she's legit the most exemplary person I know; don't worry, I'll introduce her to you in due time ;D 

Anyhow! Back to the post: in short 'Taking Stock' is all about self-reflection which is something I love to do, and I thought this would be a great way for you guys to get to know me too, since it covers a lot of stuff I usually don't get to talk to you guys about. I plan to keep my answers 'short' (ha!) but hopefully from reading this you'll learn something new about me, and also start to reflect on yourself a bit too! 

(N.B. I wrote this a few days ago, but so much has changed in that time so all my side comments will be in this colour)

---
Today is November 7th 2016 and I am: 

- MAKING - A bunch of new items of clothing including: items for my brand, items that I'm eventually going to show you guys how to make, and my outfit for my cousin, SO's upcoming wedding next week! 

- COOKING - Toast >_> I had toast today for the first time in over a year (twice!) Unfortunately, I was reminded why I don't really like eating toast, or any other bread-based dish...
- DRINKING - water! This one I'm not so sure is a good thing, I mean drinking water is great and all, but I have a high salt diet and drinking lots of water leads to water retention.. I've put on a bit of weight this year for sure...
- READING - Well, obviously I mentioned I was reading Wunms' blog - she totally shouted me out though, much appreciate <3 Actually I don't have nearly as much time to read as I'd like, but I recently tried audible and I LOVED it! I read (read as: listened to) 'The Power of Habit' by Charles Duhigg, and its a great book about killing bad habits, creating new good habits and how one small habit can impact the bigger picture on a wider scale than you think. Honestly I found it so insightful, I loved the examples Duhigg gave, and the psychological element, but also how I could apply what I learned. At the moment I'm applying it to something as simple as learning to always take off my makeup when I get home, but in future I want to try and learn to pray every day and other more important habits like that. 10/10 recommend by the way; I even left a review!
- WANTING - to not be broke D; I've had enough! I work to hard to have this little money! 
- LOOKING - for a part time job I can do a few days a week. Christmas is coming, as is my mum's 50th and I really wanted to contribute but all my money making ventures have been short of successful. I still have a month and a half so there's still hope though! (I actually got a job a couple of days ago! My first shift is in just over a week's time! Yay!)
- DECIDING - what I'm going to do tomorrow. So much to do, so little time. This is one of those weeks I don't plan in advance in my bullet journal, because things will almost certainly not go to plan; I'm just taking it a day at a time. 
- WISHING - to get back to Korea as soon as possible! Unfortunately there are two trips I have to go on before that, but I would also hope that I can either go to Korea as a graduation present to myself next summer, or that when I do go finally back it'll be to move there permanently. 
- ENJOYING - life! No really, I'm busy, broke and there's a lot to do that I can't, but I'm also aware of how blessed I am. Last week I was on cloud 9 Monday through Sunday because even though everything wasn't perfect, everything just felt... good, ya know? 2016 as a whole has been a great year. (Save Brexit and Trump being elected as president >_>)
- WAITING - for Mr. Right AHAHAHAHA okay no but really, while I'm not 'waiting' per say, I'm must say he's arriving a little later than expected... I have life goals to stick to and as I always like to joke, it's almost 'my turn'! 
- LIKING - my clean bed sheets. Just changed them today and ooh, they smell and feel so good <3
- WONDERING - if my brand's new collection is going to do well. I have really high hopes for this collection and if it doesn't sell, only God knows when I'll be able to do the next one. I have such nice designs planned too :c (The collection released today, you guys should check it out!)



- LOVING - this creative/productive high I'm on! I may not have a lot to show for it in terms of videos, but everyday I have a sense of achievement because I've overcome some hurdle. Whether its sewing a new piece, or getting a load of schoolwork done, I always have something to look back and be proud of. Also, I recently re-opened my old art blog!
- PONDERING - what I have to do to improve my water colour skills D; Not knowing your weaknesses is one thing, but knowing them and not knowing how to overcome them is another. I recently picked up my old hobby of painting again because its something I really missed, but it honestly feels like I've started back at zero! 
- CONSIDERING - the best way to approach my dissertation. I'm actually really excited for the topic, but I'm also worried there won't be many resources out there for me to use. 10,000 words is a lot. (Still haven't started ;;;;;;)
- WATCHING - Season 2 of Haikyuu!! (Again!) I actually hate the action of 'watching' cause I feel like its stunting my productivity by engaging all my senses so I can't multitask - but Haikyuu Season 3 is currently tearing my heart to shreds (I should sue!) and my bro is watching S2 so he can be up to date, so I wanted to brush up my memory too so we can discuss the character development when he catches up! (He caught up and we've agreed to watch the rest of the season together; next episode comes out tonight!) 
- HOPING - For my brand's new collection to do well enough for me to not only develop the next collection, but also to have enough to do all the things I want to do for others (eg. Christmas presents) and still have a little left to do things for myself.  
- CRINGING - at how cold it is D; I HATE WINTER. WHY IS IT ALREADY THIS COLD!? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS???? Seriously guys, I might not make it through this winter >_> 
- QUESTIONING - what I should do for my 'winter hair'. I like to get a new wig for each season so I always have hair to match my seasonal outfits, but I honestly have no idea what I want next. I did want red for Autumn but that's pretty much over now so... 
- WEARING - clothes that are not appropriate for this level of coolness - thank goodness for central heating! 
- FOLLOWING - a bunch of anime including Haikyuu S3, Trickster, Touken Ranbu (no I don't play the game) and some others. I was recently watching a K-drama called 'Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo' - say that 5 times fast - but it ended last week, the beginning was actually great and the ending didn't do it justice at all, but I still cried at the end, so I guess it's still worth watching... 8/10 would recommend. 
- NOTICING - that the more stuff I move OUT of my room, the messier it seems???? Logic???? 
- KNOWING - that I'm going to be okay. Things are far from perfect but as long as I keep one foot in front of the other I'll be fine. God is with me, and should I stumble, I can always stand up again. 
- MARVELLING - at how amazing this year has been. 2016 was actually a ride, you know? I still think Korea was the best year of my life, but there have been some choice moments this year that have definitely topped it! (Blasphemy, I know ;D)
- THINKING - about which direct to take; if I'm doing too much and not focusing my energy properly. That kind of stuff. 
- ADMIRING - how people progress. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by people who are always moving forward - even if they may not always realise it. When I think about where they started, I can only stand in admiration. 
- SORTING - out my reading week homework. I swear teachers are actually evil, why are you giving me more work for my week off than we'd usually even cover in class??
- GETTING - ready for all the upcoming events in the next two months. 
- BOOKMARKING - videos containing useful information about skills I want to obtain or projects I want to work on. 
- COVETING - nothing? Wait no, hot weather >_> 
- DISLIKING - WINTER!!!
- GIGGLING - At how ridiculous my other best friend, Elian is all the damn time XD
- FEELING - loved. I've spoken to many I hold dear recently, and had many I lost contact with get in touch with me too. Its probably bad, but I do see myself as kinda 'dispensable' in other people's lives, so its nice to know they think about me when I'm not there. 
- SNACKING - FAR TOO MUCH D; Is it my fault my mum keeps buying chocolate chip cookies? Is it my fault the corner shop on my street started selling my favourite Butterkist Sweet flavour popcorn for less than the supermarkets? It is my fault that snacks are instant and meals take time and when I'm hungry I want instant gratification? It's not my fault! D;
- HEARING - the sound of my fingers working away on my keyboard and the ticking of my bedroom clock (which I still haven't set back an hour.) (Yeah, still haven't.)
---
Okay, so even with short answers that was surprisingly longer than I expected it to be, but I must say I enjoyed it! I think I might try to do one of these at the end of every season, since I think 3 months is more than enough time to achieve some goals and make some changes, so hopefully there'll be something new and exciting for me to share with you guys each season. 
All in all, I guess my focus right now is probably getting my life on the right path? Finishing school, having my businesses take off and having a bit more security. Well, I think that's normal for a final year university student who still doesn't know for sure what they're going to do after they throw that tasseled square hat up in the sky. I wonder if any of you are going through something similar at the moment? If so, be sure to leave me a comment, I'd love to hear about it! 
And lastly, I'll leave you with this quote I came across on facebook not too long ago - since it's relevant and all: 


- H A N -

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Taking Stock! I enjoyed this :)

    Wunms | wunms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed yours too xD We need to remind each other to do this each season~!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...