Tuesday 7 January 2014

[Review] Maybelline NY Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H

image

My Rating: ★★★★★
Recently I brought the Maybelline NY Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and all I can say is I love it, I love it, I love it. 100% would recommend, 100% would buy again. And let me tell you why… 
This eyeliner is actually the first gel eyeliner that I’ve ever bought as I’ve always been scared by the concept of a separate brush rather than a pen/brush that feeds the liner through it, also I’m a sucker for liquid eyeliners so I was weary of the word ‘gel.’ Nonetheless, I brought it, and I can safely say to anyone else who’s considering buying a gel liner: DO IT. DO IT NOW. (And buy this one while you’re at it.) 

image
Okay, so as you can see above, the gel and brush come in this nice little box and personally I love this because its small and easy to open/reseal so I always keep my liner inside it. But more importantly, on the box it says:
  • Lasts 24HR. No Transfer
  • Intense Colour
  • Easy application (fine or thick line)
  • Contains a professional brush
I can safely say, that is does exactly what it says on the box (and more.) I’ve personally never worn an eyeliner that did not smudge or fade within a few hours, be it liquid, pencil or other; but this gel liner still looked as if I’d just put it on after a full day of going out and about.

I would like to add that this eyeliner IS waterproof, although it doesn’t say it on the box explicitly, it is written in the fine print to use waterproof wipes to remove it. Even when I applied it directly on my waterline (and my eyes water A LOT) the liner managed to stay put for the entire day.

That said, you still have a minute or so to correct any mistakes whilst applying the gel which is perfect because you can easily get rid of mistakes, but don’t have to worry about your liner smudging for the rest of the day. 

In terms of the colour, I would say this is definitely the darkest and most intense black I’ve gotten from any eyeliner (and trust me, I’ve used a lot.) Even if you don’t coat it over with black eye-shadow, the colour is very intense and lasts all day. 

image

Now we get down to the real worry most (including myself) face when using gel liner: application. If, like me, you steered clear of gel liners because you were weary of that ‘professional brush’ inside, well, I tell you to fear no longer. Not only was the application easy, it was also fast and accurate.

Seeing as it is a professional brush, the brush is shaped perfectly for going from thick, intense lines to fine, pointed ones just by changing the angle of the brush slightly. I found myself making few mistakes (if any) and not having to go over the same spot a hundred and one times to get a decent line. If anything, I’d say the brush makes it easier as you don’t have to do that annoying thing of shaking your liner until all the liquid comes down into the brush. 

image
If I did have to say one thing bad about this liner, it would be that £8.99 (at superdrug) seems like a slightly high price to pay for such a small tub of gel (24ml.) That said, I would definitely buy this eyeliner again, and I would definitely recommend it. 
Disclaimer: I was not sponsered/asked to write this review. I bought this liner on my own accord and wrote this review on my own accord. 
If any of you guys have tried this/try this later, why not let me know what you thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...