Tuesday 3 February 2015

My Skincare Routine || 나의 피부 관리 루틴 (Updated!!)


Last year summer I told you guys about my everyday skincare routine, but since coming to Korea, a lot of my routine has changed, and in some ways, improved too! As you know South Korea is a mecca of skincare and cosmetic products, so I've had a lot more at my finger tips. So, today I'm giving you a full in-depth explanation of my new routine, my opinions on some products I've tried in Korea, and recommendations on some things I think everyone should be using! 

Disclaimer: Since I'm basically OBSESSED with skincare, what I do might seem like a bit 'much' to some people, so I'm definitely not writing this as what I think everyone should be doing, this is just what I do. I'll let you know throughout the post the steps I think are essential and the steps that I use personally. 

:: The Basics :: 

First things first, if you're going to learn about my routine, you need to know the seven steps that I live by and think everyone should be incorporating into theirs: 
  1. Monitoring - Won't be included in this post
  2. Cleansing 
  3. Exfoliating
  4. Toning
  5. Moisturizing
  6. Protecting
  7. Maintenance - Won't be included in this post 
It may seem like a lot but I don't use all this every day so don't you worry! Take note of this list though, as I'll be referring back to it during this post. Anyway, shall we get started? ^^ 

:: The Mornings :: 

For me, the morning part of my routine is the most important, as this is when you get rid of all the oil that built up over night - if you've got combination-oily skin like me, that is - and prepare your face to be seen by the rest of the world! My morning routine is made up of steps 2, 4, 5 and 6. 

Natural Fermentation
Argan Foam Cleanser
Starting with cleansing, you guys have probably already heard me raving and ranting about it in past blogs and videos, but I'm still in love with Nature Republic's Natural Fermentation Argan Foam Cleanser. It's perfect at getting rid of all the grease on my skin, and as its a foam, it goes on very soft and gentle on my skin. Argan also controls sebum levels which stops you producing too much OR too little oil-- I could go on about the good points about it for days and days, but since I'm already done that in my review, I'll spare you having to listen to it all again. But I highly recommend this to everyone regardless of your skin type, I guarantee you won't be disappointed! 

After that, its important to follow through with toning or else your
Wonder Pore Freshner Kit
face will become really sensitive and inflamed as unfortunately, any good cleanser will upset your skins pH balance. When I first arrive in Korea, it was mid-summer and my pores expanded massively due to the humid climate. In a bid to fight tiny foundations of grease that'd had formed on my face, I purchased Etude House's Wonder Pore Freshener kit. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed; while it did fix my pH levels, it didn't seem to do much for my pores at all. Etude House is great for make-up, but I don't think their skincare products are anything amazing. 

Green Derma Mild Cream Set
And lastly, steps 5 & 6, moisturizing and protecting. To me, these two come hand in hand. In summer I apply a BB cream with a high SPF sun blocker infused in it alongside my regular moisturizer (tailored for oily skin, of course.) Right now it's winter so I don't need such a high SPF but its still important you use some of sun protect even in the colder season. For a moisturizer, I'm currently using Nature Republic's Green Derma Mild Cream, its designed for oilier skin so its moisturizing without making your skin greasier. It's also great at moisturizing even during colder and dryer months like winter, so I have virtually no need for my Super Aqua Max Facial Mist (also from Nature Republic.) 
Super Aqua Max
Facial Mist

Also, hand in hand with that, I apply Etude House's Super Collagen Eye Cream to held tighten the skin around my eyes. It restores collagen (therefore elasticity) to your skin and thus reduces wrinkles. This isn't a necessary step, but something I like to do for personal preference :3 I have a lot of wrinkles on my aegyo sal and at the sides of my eyes, and I'd like to reduce them slightly. 

Super Collagen Eye Cream


:: The Evenings :: 

At night my routine isn't that much different from my mornings, but of course I have to first remove any make-up I've worn that day. Personally I don't like wearing make-up for extended periods of time as it makes your skin gradually greasier during the day, which is why I don't wear foundation at all any more. That aside, because make-up isn't good for your skin and blocks your pores, its very important you remove it all properly before you start your cleansing routine, so step 6, protecting is very important here. You wouldn't want to mess up that gorgeous skin you've worked so hard to achieve, right? 

Lip & Eye Remover
When removing my make-up, I use Etude House's Lip and Eye Remover formula to remove the bulk of my make-up; I'm actually currently in love with this product as I feel it does a great job at removing my make-up even if I've used primer! I then go over my entire face with a wet wipe, focusing on the areas the eyes and lips remover doesn't work on like my cheeks and eyebrows. Once I'm satisfied with how clean my face is, then I repeat the routine I do in the mornings, but this time I skip the moisturizer as my skin will get greasy again over night anyway. 

And that's it for my day to day routine really! Not as much as you thought it'd be, right? Don't worry, we're not done just yet. 

:: Bi-weekly Steps :: 

So far I've introduced steps that I do on a daily basis, but there are also steps like step 3 (exfoliating) that you only need to do once or twice a week. I only have a couple of these though so no worries! ;P 

Soft Clay Pack
Actually, since I have slightly oily skin and I cleanse at least twice everyday, I don't really feel a need to exfoliate (even though I know I should be >_>) but what I do to get rid of excess dead skin is, twice a week I use a soft clay pack at the end of my evening routine (after toning but before my eye cream.) 

The type of pack you use should be one that caters to your skin type. For me, I use a clay pack because it tightens your pores which means you produce less oil which is perfect for me. I use Etude House's Soft Clay Pack and I absolutely love it, I can feel how tight my face is afterwards. That said, clay masks can be very drying too so it's important to moisturize too. 

Speaking of moisturizing, earlier I also mentioned that I don't moisturize after my night routine, right? Well, what I like to do is, once or twice a week (usually the day after my clay mask) I take 20 minutes out to use a moisturizing sheet mask before heading to bed. Most people use sheet masks in the morning but personally I feel they leave my skin feeling slightly sticky and I hate that feeling, so I like to let the fluids soak in all night and then wash my face again in the morning so I feel fresh for the next day. 
Royal Jelly
Sheet Mask

Just like packs, the kind of sheet mask you use should cater to your skin. As I just mentioned, I use my sheet mask to restore moisture to my skin, and right now I'm really in love with Etude House's Royal Jelly mask. I also quite liked one that I got as sample from TONYMOLY but unfortunately I don't remember the name so I haven't been able to buy the same one yet... OTL


:: Conclusion :: 

Anyhow, this has been my introduce to my skincare routine. It's not too much, is it? XD I also hope I've been able to recommend some good products for you guys to try; if there's anything you'd like me to do a separate review on, then be sure to let me know in a comment. 

That said, remember that your skincare routine should be different depending on your skin type and your problems, so don't try to copy mine product for product, try out different things and see what works for you! If you need help then I'll offer my help where possible. 

Also, in this post I didn't cover steps 1 (monitoring) and 7 (maintenance) because step 1 takes a bit long to explain and 7 is pretty self explanatory, but if you're interested in those then let me know and I'll go over them in future posts. Actually, the next episode (episode 2) of Ulzzang Point is supposed to be on skincare and I will cover them when I go over that, so if you're interested in that then be sure to check that out as well! 

Until next time guys! Stay beautiful ^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...