Tuesday 21 July 2015

#THSChallenge 5th Week of Summer :: My Summer Foundation Routine

Week 5: Talk about your summer routine! It can be in terms of your work day, what you do at home or on holiday, on even more specific like your cleansing or hair routine. 

I was originally going to do my summer skincare routine but it's really only one product different from my usual skincare routine which I've already written about, so I thought it would be better to write about something new I've never mentioned before: my foundation routine! 

I personally have oily/combination skin and I feel oily skin can be a real hassle for most in summer since we're usually more oily in the hotter weather. Moreover, dewy skin is trending meaning liquid foundations are really in season too but these can be hard to pull off without looking greasy if you have oily skin. 

Therefore I thought it'd be nice to talk about the products I personally use to stay grease free. I'm not going to go too into detail since I plan on doing a video on how to get the dewy skin look, but I'll take you through the structure of my routine and why I use each product. 
BB Cream - Maybelline Dream Fresh
£7.99 @ boots
(# Deep Sheer Tint)
After my moisturizer the first step of my routine is BB cream, actually which BB cream you use isn't too important as long as its a no-oil formula, as I mainly use this as a layer to protect my skin from my makeup and give the oil one more layer to go through.
I chose this particular BB cream because it comes with SPF 30 and in a shade suitable for my skin tone - I bought the shade Deep Sheer Tint and actually found it a bit too dark for me, but they offer a bunch of other shades.

But besides that, I'm not a big fan of it, it doesn't give a lot of coverage and it leaves a slight white cast because of the SPF in the product but then again it was pretty cheap so I got my money's worth. 
Foundation - Lancome Miracle Cushion
£29.50 @ boots
(#06 Moka Beige)
For the many years I've used makeup, one thing I never tried was liquid foundation; I was always convinced that it would only make my skin oilier and not settle well on my skin, until I came across this cushion foundation by Lancome. 

As you might already know, I don't wear foundation in the winter since my skin is fairly even already but because I tan in summer, this foundation helps to even out my complexion perfectly.

Actually this foundation plays, arguably the most important roll in my foundation routine, not only because it is the foundation, but because it creates the dewy and glowing effect we're going for. I've talked about this foundation and its effects before so I won't talk about it in detail, but this is absolutely going to be a staple product in my summer make up routine.  
Concealer - MAC Prolongwear Concealer 
£17.50 @ MAC
(#NW40)
Now you've probably heard me talk about this in my haul video not too long ago but this concealer is definitely a holy grail item for me. The coverage is great and once you put this bad boy on, it's not going anywhere. 

Being a liquid formula, if applied with a sponge or beauty blender it blends seamlessly into the liquid foundation underneath, and appears completely natural. 

This concealer also doesn't move or settle into any fine lines throughout the day which is really important for oily skin as the grease tends to make most products move very easily. 
Finishing Powder - Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder 
About £5 depending where
you buy it
This is another product I've talked about before and am very much in love with and that's because it makes the foundation of my oil defenses during summer. Did you see what I did there? ;D Okay sorry, I apologise... 

Not to be confused with a setting powder, this is another light translucent mineral powder that you apply lightly at the end of your foundation routine that will collect any oil that makes it through your makeup throughout the day. 

It works exactly as a blotting paper would except you don't actually have to remember to blot, and if you should start to feel greasy throughout the day, all you have to do is apply a little more and it will soak it right up, leaving you looking fresh again! 
And that's more or less all I'm going to go through today, I know I haven't touched up much on highlights and contouring and things like that, but then I wouldn't have anything to show you in my dewy skin tutorial later on this month! 
Anyhow I hope you came across something helpful or found a product you're considering using now, remember to hit 'like' at the bottom of this post to let me know if you enjoyed it, and Hanzel and myself will see you in next week's installment! 
--
Last Installment: Opinions on a Summer Trend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...